UPDATE: The forums are now closed but current visitors may access all prior posts. A wide range of additional information on electromagnetic radiation and precautions may be accessed via the menu above.

question about puls...

Notifications
Clear all

question about pulses from devices used to register parcel delivery, as by Australia Post

4 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@beagle)
Topic starter  

Wondering if anyone has data on what types of frequencies and pulses are likely used by the devices one has to sign, on receiving parcels - as by Australia Post? Do they work on 3G, 4g etc so it's like a mobile phone doing an upload of data? If so, what would that mean about likely electric field flux in volts per metre.  Or are they using some other type of communication to a device in their delivery vans which could be other frequencies and modulation patterns?

Thanks for answering if you can.

(@emrtechie)

Handheld "proof-of-delivery" devices (PoD.s) communicate over the 3G or 4G data networks. Signal output would be on par with an ordinary mobile phone. There are even software apps that convert the latter into a basic PoD.

In addition to this, a PoD receives and reports phone network based GPS data indicative of its current location. Some will switch to satellite if out of range of the phone network. Many delivery vans also have independent built-in trackers.

The pen you sign with is an active device that energetically couples with the screen. If this is a concern, it could be held with a clothes peg or similar "insulator". Working in your favour, both you and the driver will probably be in a hurry to get away.

This post was modified 5 years ago by emrtechie

ReplyQuote
(@beagle)
Topic starter  

Thanks for your answer, emrtechie - appreciated. Think I am more sensitive to 4G than 3G and that could be why there is a bit of variation in my reaction to different deliverers - will focus more on what I hold when they insist I sign and use face shielding.

ReplyQuote
(@sockeye)

Hi Beagle

I believe your observation of being more sensitive to 4G than 3G. We still use 3G phones and a microwave oven, with no sensation of harm.

Unlike the sensations we get from 4G, Wifi and WiMax.

ReplyQuote
Share:

You are not alone. According to experts, over 35% of the world’s population feels some form of unwanted reaction to EMR exposure. Additionally, everyone is susceptible to induced biological abnormalities that may not manifest perceptibly for years or even decade.