UPDATE: The forums are now closed but current visitors may access all prior posts. A wide range of additional information on electromagnetic radiation and precautions may be accessed via the menu above.

have any of you not...

Notifications
Clear all

have any of you noticed effects on your eyes

12 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
(@beagle)
Topic starter  

Hi, just wondering if my experience with vision is also occurring with any one else.... two types of things 

1. feelings that my eyes are being pulled (pushed?) slightly forward in my head after periods standing still facing on-coming fields or walking in an area of overall high emr

2. flashes of silver in the vision when driving along certain parts of a local road.

I would add that this road has the electric field component of a tower 200 or so metres away oscillating in the direction of travel - that is, along the road. It has occurred three times when travelling west and once when travelling east - that is, in both directions along the road.  The flashes "appear" in the air just the other side of the windscreen but of course would actually, I think, be being produced in the retina and only seeming to come from outside the car.  They are like tiny silvery "fish" swimming as streaks across the field of view and only occur (reproducibly) at certain places on the roadway.  Not every time of day or weather. Only last seconds, but in the westerly direction there are two locations separated by perhaps 100 metres; I think it corresponds to the main lobe and side lobe of the southerly emission as years ago when the tower was first planned I obtained details on that from Telstra.

TMBL
(@tmbl)
Eminent Member

Beagle,

sorry to hear about your experience.  I hope it is not causing you too much distress.  Floaters are an EHS symptom, and what you are describing in point 2 sounds a bit like them.  Try researching floaters online to see if you have a match.

You may not find anyone else with exactly the same symptoms as you because our bodies react differently.  While there are some very common symptoms, such as insomnia and headaches, some people have some really unusual effects.  And even the headaches are not the same for everyone, nor even for the same person.  One day you might have a long-lasting compression headache, the next day it might be brief, sharp head pains.  And then someone else will describe their headache completely differently.

I'm not at all downplaying the role EMR has in your health effects, but I wonder if there is something you can do to decrease these symptoms.  Are you drinking around 2 litres of water every day?  Could you try drinking a glass of water before you start your road journey to see if it has any impact?  Maybe it could even be the opposite and you need to not drink fluids before EMR exposure.  

While the medical establishment frustrates me with their refusal to acknowledge EHS, maybe an optometrist can give you some insights into other contributing factors.  If not, maybe you will help to raise awareness of these effects.  I try to take the attitude with health professionals of "You show me what you've got on this health problem and maybe I'll show you what info I've got if you're open enough".  I suspect my GP's thinking on EHS is shifting.  I didn't get immediate results, but he sees the impact EHS is having on my lifestyle and he's got to be wondering why I would go to such lengths to protect myself if it is not real.

ReplyQuote
(@sockeye)

Hi Beagle

Thank you for sharing this information.

My wife has a very similar problem while travelling, although it's not her eyes, but her neck that has that pulling sensation when approaching some towers. After she had two disks removed from her neck, this painful sensation started while travelling. She has been diagnosed with cervical dystonia, although the Neurologist that diagnosed this condition cannot explain  the pulling sensations while travelling. My wife also has a bunion on her foot. Many times while travelling, she has complained of her neck & bunion giving pain simultaneously when approaching an unseen tower. After passing the tower, the pain reduces, but takes another 24 hours+, for it to completely go away. On a recent trip to Mildura, there was one remote tower at Mittyack Vic 3490, that caused a lot of pain to my wife as we approached it. As we passed the tower, I said to my wife "I bet that is an Optus 4G tower using the 2.3 GHz frequency". On the return trip back home, my wife took my advice of wrapping herself up in a space blanket. She did not notice the tower on the way home. After we retuned home, I checked out the tower on the following website.

http://web.acma.gov.au/pls/radcom/site_proximity.main_page

It confirmed that it was an Optus tower, but the 4G frequency used is 2.6 GHz. So I now know that pulsed/modulating 4G signal operating between  2.3 to 2.6 GHz frequencies has this pulling sensation in my wife's neck.

Beagle

You have identified a tower that effects your vision in 200m from the tower, the distance of 200m is typical of the highest reading of RF from a 2,3,4G mobile tower. Can you please give us the exact location of the offending tower?

ReplyQuote
(@beagle)
Topic starter  

@sockeye

Dear Sockeye and TMBL,

Thanks for your information. The symptoms I described in the eyes are definitely not associated with floaters (rarely - in the past I have had those).

There does seem some commonality with what you describe, Sockeye, in that I have thought the eye pulling symptoms were an indication of increased pressure. I would guess in your wife's case  that might perhaps be more easily invoked by a stimulus after neck surgery - some nerve damage may remain and also some lymphatic issue impeding ; it doesn't sound like cervical dystonia - it is coming and going with the emr exposure and the use of the space blanket made a difference.

(In my case I would believe the silver flashes reproducibly at certain places on the road are also emr related, and I may have a degree of slight nerve damage to either the retina or the optic nerve which is contributing to the phenomenon - but hey, without the emr it is not likely to be happening!)

Regarding the tower characteristics, here are the data: at the distance of 200 to 300 metres from the tower the volts per metre maximum energy flux is 4 volts per metre. The emissions types are LTE 700, LTE 1800, and WCDMA 850. The tower is Telstra. I know it uses QPSK modulation and I know that this modulation has steeply changeable emissions in space and probably intensity. I think this could be a significant factor.

I will go on line to check whether any other emissions types are being used. If there are any more, I will update you in another post - certainly they are all being added to almost monthly this year it seems,

Cheerio,

Beagle

ReplyQuote
(@sockeye)

Hi beagle

You mentioned, "I would guess in your wife's case  that might perhaps be more easily invoked by a stimulus after neck surgery - some nerve damage may remain and also some lymphatic issue impeding ; it doesn't sound like cervical dystonia - it is coming and going with the emr exposure and the use of the space blanket made a difference".

I do agree with your explanation, and a lot more research should be conducted.

The cervical dystonia diagnosis, cannot  be fully diagnosed, due to the only medical remedy, is botox injections to the spasming muscles to provide relief of the pain. At the moment, an attempt of injecting botox through her neck is far to dangerous. At least we have another diagnosis that will help with further funding.

My wife's neck & foot problems correlate with our nearby Optus tower being upgraded to 4G.

Yes, my wife suffered pains in one foot at the same time of her neck problems.

She now has a bunion on her foot with reoccurring ulcers.

While travelling, she has experienced pains in her foot at the same time of the pains in her neck.

I believe there is a particular modulated/pulsed frequency that caused her foot & neck problems, and after surgery, the problems were amplified.

Andrew

ReplyQuote
(@eloqwence)

@sockeye

you might find this file interesting.  It is just a screen shot from a video by Lena Pu she helped me realise why certain frequencies affect different body parts, it is because of the length of the wave!

Attachment removed

ReplyQuote
(@eloqwence)

@sockeye

you might find this file interesting.  It is just a screen shot from a video by Lena Pu she helped me realise why certain frequencies affect different body parts, it is because of the length of the wave!

Attachment removed

ReplyQuote
(@eloqwence)

@sockeye

some bunions occur because of Morton Foot.  This is when the second toe is longer than the big toe.  You can alter your shoe insert to correct the gait which eases the bunions.  Morton foot always creates lower back pain.  From a massage therapist 🙂 reply if you need more info

ReplyQuote
(@eloqwence)

I have an effect on my eyes that comes from amgnetism rather than emr.

I have excessively high magnetism in my bathroom when I go in there my eyes flicker in my peripheral vision. I found the following information attached - magnetism also affects nervous system

ReplyQuote
(@eloqwence)

sorry here is the doc file

ReplyQuote
 TMBL
(@tmbl)
Eminent Member

@eloqwence

Eloqwence, one way to ensure you keep your showers brief.  😉  Someone who I know who is EHS attributes her retinal detachment to EMR.  

ReplyQuote
(@beagle)
Topic starter  

Thanks to all of you for your further discussion on eye and muscle effects from mobile phone towers. My eye issues continue - I am just happy that I am not being affected in a driving sense since it is not the whole field of view or large so not distracting. My muscle cramping issues also came on at the time the mobile phone tower arrived (suspicious) but the house is shielded partially now and now I can work around that also, though have to be constantly vigilant.

Further to the above discussion, you may be interested in the paper by B. Hocking and F. Gobbo called "Medical aspects of overexposures to electromagnetic fields". You can probably still find it on line.  Tho' I don't agree with all that is expressed in the paper, I found it interesting that on page 3 there is the statement "Low frequency (20 Hz) electric and magnetic fields are able to interact with synapses in the retina to cause a flickering light sensation called electrophosphenes or magnetophosphenes respectively. The threshold for this effect is between 10-100 mV/m (that is, 10,000 microvolt to 100,000 microvolt per metre".

I believe mine is an electrophosphene phenomenon as the magnetic field component is not high where it occurs but the electric field flux does fall into the quoted range (tho' for all frequencies coming from the tower not specifically 20 Hertz). Of course industry does not tell us what frequencies are associated with the pulsations/ modulations of any tower - all I know is that the tower uses QPSK modulation and probably others, as there is 3G and 4G of various types being generated. There might perhaps be quite a strong signal in the ELF range - if not 20 Hz something that acts similarly.

The visual symptoms I experience move round in the eye/s - not always in the same place in the field of view at the particular locations as I drive through - so that argues against it being "only my eyes" doing things.

As has been commented, a lot more research is needed re eye issues, and also muscular issues - 5G (especially as mm waves) may cause eye issues I believe, and muscular issues are always put down to other causes - so unless we keep collecting data in these two areas there will be no research conducted.

ReplyQuote
Share:

You are not alone. According to experts, over 35% of the world’s population feels some form of unwanted reaction to EMR exposure. Additionally, everyone is susceptible to induced biological abnormalities that may not manifest perceptibly for years or even decade.